Neon signs are a huge part of American culture and paved the way for a wave of advertising that has influenced millions of people. Today they are everywhere, and the development of LED lighting could change the way some advertising is done. Even so, neon lighting is here to stay as an art form.
Huge neon signs become landmarks an area is known for. The signs are also a great way to advertise your business. The light will be on 24 hours a day seven days per week, letting the world known where you are, what you are selling and whether you are open. “Open” Neon lights also send a message that would be customers can’t miss.
There are a lot of ways you can use neon signs. Here are a few:
- We are open: The Open sign comes in many shapes and sizes. You can get one that fits your business, or just a regular sign that sends the message loud and clear. The signs let customers know you are eager to serve them right now, and customers also will have a more positive attitude perhaps, knowing you went to the trouble.
- Business signs: A sign announcing your type of business is the most common use of neon signs. Your main product, whether it’s income tax service, hamburgers or massages, can be broadcast to the world with a sign that cannot be missed.
- Custom signs: Here is where you get to have some fun. You can personalize a sign, put your name on it, in addition to advertising what you are selling. Joe’s bar and grill might be more appealing than a generic “beer” sign. There’s almost no limit to what you can do with neon signs in this way. You can also make art for your business, home or office.
- Border tubing: Almost as cool as an “open” sign, is border tubing around your windows or door. It makes it very clear where the door is obviously, but it also is an eye catcher that will draw customers into your shop or business.
- Vintage signs: Signs of the 1950s and earlier are classic, and are attractive. They add a touch of warmth to your business, especially if there is any nostalgic appeal at all. Many places that make or sell neon signs, also have a nice selection of vintage neon signs.
- Sculptures: These are slightly different than custom signs. A sculpture is more a work of art for decorating your business, or even your home. It adds appeal to the establishment. There are many that are already made for you to choose from, or you can design your own.
- Outdoor: You can also use neon lighting on your property to direct people to your door, or to add to the advertising of your business.